Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 20:08:27 GMT by Craig94 Hoare
Hello, I have received a fine for not returning my self assessment tax return, however I am not self employed and never have been. I think i have signed up for this in error. I have tried to fill out a self assessment tax form but it will not allow me to put the values as '0'. I can not afford to pay the fine and I am now looking at the possibility of being fined £1000 if i do not pay. I have tried ringing the HMRC helpline every day for the past couple of weeks but i either get cut off immediately, or get put on hold indefinitely. I can not find an email address to contact them and do not know what to do next. Any help would be appreciated, TIA.
Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 14:20:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can check our Self Assessment criteria and if you do not meet the criteria, it will give you the options for
informing our Self Assessment department :

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.