Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 27 Jun 2021 20:54:49 GMT by FreelanceDeveloper
I used to be a contractor in the UK for my LTD company: simple I used to be PAYE employee for a UK based employer: simple Now I'm no longer PAYE employee. Now I'm a freelancer/consultant working for international clients all over the internet, through a company registered in Estonia. Now I need to pay myself some money. I genuinely would like to figure out how to arrange my tax exposure, for the avoidance of the doubt I am a tax resident in the UK. "You may be required to become a freelancer/professional in that country and invoice your company instead of assigning yourself salaries." Option 1: Estonia company pays me a salary. Option 2: I invoice the Estonian company as a freelancer/consultant Option 3: Estonian company hires UK company. UK company pays me a salary / dividends. Simple is better. I'm not sure what is the recommended way? Surely I'm not the only person in a similar situation. Surely I should seek professional advice but arguably I prefer to ask at the source 🙏 Thank you very much for helping.
Posted Tue, 29 Jun 2021 08:19:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 9

HMRC cannot give financial planning advice on this Forum, you may need to consider seeking financial advice.

Please find guidance regarding how to check employment status: 

Employment status

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.