Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:53:13 GMT by
I have power of attorney in financial affairs for my mother, who has moved from her flat into a dementia care home. The LPA was registered in 2010 before everything went online, and she does not have a government gateway account, nor any of the necessary verifications. I just want to update her address and also get any correspondence sent to me, as she does not have the mental capacity to make decisions. I have a certified copy of the LPA that I can send to the BX9 1AS account, but what other documents would I need to include? Would flat sale and care home invoices, plus proof of my identity and address be enough?
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 11:43:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

The certified copy of your LPA, along with a covering letter confirming your request and your mother's new address, should be enough to update her record. 

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.