Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 27 Sep 2022 10:26:42 GMT by William
Hi, I am asking for a friend. I registered the gov gateway account with no problem. But my friend was stuck in the identity checking. I had 3 options(passport, driving license, tax credit), but he only had driving license and tax credit. He's new to England. So I think he has no tax credit. The system could not identify him. Is there a way to show the passport option as he has UK passport(BNO).? We are also thinking about doing self assessment (split year treatment) by post instead of online form. We could not any find the SA1 form I can download on gov website. We did find the form from other source. But we are not sure if the form is valid. Would you tell us where we can download the form? Also, it's near the end of Sept already. We are afraid of being late and get punished. We are also thinking about report the split year treatment via some software. If we use the software to report tax, is the deadline 31 Jan 2023 ? Thanks a lot
Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 08:17:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

It must be a UK issued passport or driving licence.

Further guidance on registering is at :

Register for Self Assessment      .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.