Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 16:57:52 GMT by K1984
I am filling in the SA1 form for self-assessment registration. For the tax year 2022-23, I have only interest income from UK and non-UK bank accounts saving. While I am filling in the form, under the section "why do you need to complete a tax return", should I just complete the category "Date untaxed income received from"? Really appreciate your guidance.
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 11:51:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you arrived after 06/04/22 put the date you arrived in the UK.
If before then, use 06/04/22.
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 18:13:06 GMT by K1984
Hi, Thanks for your reply. For my saving interests from non-UK (i.e. foreign) bank accounts, should I categorise it under (1) I'm getting taxable foreign income of £300 a year or more; OR (2) I've untaxed income which cannot be coded in PAYE Thanks!
Posted Wed, 16 Aug 2023 08:55:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi K1984,
It will be the foreign option.
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 24 Aug 2023 21:41:42 GMT by K1984
Thanks! this answered to my question.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.