Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2023 12:44:52 GMT by penbiter
Hi I gave to a charity various items to resell and have always had gift aid in place. They have claimed £50 in gift aid, but I’ve not paid enough tax to cover this claim. Where in the self assessment do I enter the £50 to reimburse the tax claimed? Thanks
Posted Fri, 02 Jun 2023 07:48:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will show the gift aid as normal.

In a paper return at box 5 under tax reliefs. If online, you will tailor your return to say yes for payments to charity. The calculation will then show the tax you owe to cover the gift aid.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.