Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 16 Jun 2023 17:42:59 GMT by denisd
Hi there, I'm facing a problem with my self-assessment application for HMRC. They're not accepting it due to a mismatch between the address I've provided and the one they have in their records. (I've made three attempts) I've made sure to review and even update my address in my Personal Tax Account to ensure absolute accuracy. Apparently the the self-assessment helpline will be closed until September. Could you possibly provide me with some advice? Thanks
Posted Tue, 20 Jun 2023 15:03:27 GMT by
Hi! I'm commenting because I am currently having the same problem - I have done over 6 applications all of which have been rejected despite my address being correct in my personal tax account. I have tried to change the formating etc to match exactly but every single time it gets rejected. Previously i was told that it would take a few weeks for the changes to go through, but i have been struggling with this for over 3 months now. Other advice I have found on this forum says to contact the helpline, but as we have seen this is now closed till September. I myself will be leaving the country in September, and am trying to sort out Non-Resident Landlord Status before this point and therefore need to register before the helpline reopens. If some advice could be given that would be great, especially as this seems to something of an ongoing problem for other people! Thanks!
Posted Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:18:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi denisd,

If you have been unable to submit the form, you can contact our webchat for Self Assessment to ensure the details are updated, or send us the fill in print and post form.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 23 Jun 2023 12:25:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Natalie K,

If the online form continues to be rejected due to the address, you will need to complete the form,  print and post it to us
Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.