Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 24 Sep 2022 14:08:32 GMT by lgtv
Hello, may I know if the interest gained on UK saving account need to be file in tax returns? It is about £10-20. If yes, which form should I fill in? And do I need to mention on self assessment? Can I revise the self assessment if I miss to make a check (x) in the form? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 27 Sep 2022 13:50:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

Yes, you need to show this as untaxed interest on the SA100 tax return, page 3.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 27 Sep 2022 15:07:29 GMT by lgtv
Hello, thanks for your reply. Do you mean it should be included as untaxed income that cannot be collected through my PAYE tax code? I am currently waiting for the UTR number, do I need to revise my self assessment form? Or just directly send related tax returns form later on when I get UTR number? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:28:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

No its not untaxed income in that sense.

On the SA100 tax return, you will include it the untaxed interest box.

You will send the tax return once you have the UTR .

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 29 Sep 2022 09:33:47 GMT by lgtv
Thanks for your reply. I have sent my self assessment on 18 September, but I still haven't got my UTR number, would you please advise how can I know HMRC get my application and how to check the process? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:09:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to contact our helpline to pursue this:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.