Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 10:31:00 GMT by steadysteady29
Hi I have just paid mine and my husbands self assessment tax bill by online payment through my bank. However, the reference number is hmrc rather than tax reference number for mine, however its correct for my husband. Both payments have come from the same bank account. Do i need to do anything so that hmrc is aware payment has been made an to be allocated against my account? I don't think the phone line is going to be an option given its 30 January!
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 17:45:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

Contact our helpline 5 working days after the payment, and if it is not on your record we can send a request to trace it. You will need to confirm the account you made the payment from, the account you sent it to and the reference that was used.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Ehank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.