Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 14:29:52 GMT by poetic_a
Hi! I had my last Universal Credit payment made at the end of April 2021 (I was completely unemployed) before going back into full time employment in May 2021 and then going freelance/sole trader in November of 2022. I know I need to disclose this payment on my self assesment but unsure how to - I can only see Job Seekers Allowance. The form says to enter the taxable amount of JSA which I'll find on my p60/p45 but as I never claimed JSA, I don't have this? Can anyone help or had an issue similar?
Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 15:12:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Universal Credit does not need to be declared on the return as it is a non-taxable benefit .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.