Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 18:18:13 GMT by Primrose99
Hi there I had BIK from my employer in 2021-22. This was included in my P11D for 2021-22. HMRC has adjusted my tax code for 2022-23 to reduce my personal tax free allowance down from £12,570 by the BIK value. Do I need to include the P11D total in my self-assessment for 2021-22 even though it is already being recovered through my adjusted tax code in 2022-23? Thanks
Posted Fri, 06 Jan 2023 16:08:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If the amount is in your tax code, we are trying to collect any tax due for this year on the BIK. If you will not have the BIK in tax year 2022 to 2023 contact our Income Tax team and we can remove it. You should include the 2021 to 2022 amount on the return.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.