Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 06 Jun 2022 09:56:21 GMT by Mario
Hi I am filling out my self-assessment tax return for the first time and I have the following questions to tailor my return: I worked for a club under PAYE earlier during the tax year, tax has been deducted as needed at the time. I then worked as a subcontractor CIS through an agency. The CIS work started in Feb until the present, however, I was being taxed at source (20%). Meaning I have paid more tax than I needed (I have not earned over £12,500 during the tax year) On page 3 of the self-assessment return, I am being asked for the self-employed business names. Would this be the agency name of the CIS employment or the company that I worked for through the agency? ie. I was registered with 'agency X' who was paying me on behalf of 'company Z'. Which business name should I put down? Thanks
Posted Tue, 07 Jun 2022 12:53:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

This would be the name of the agency you sub contracted under. 

Unless you use your own name when working as a Self Employed person. 

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.