Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 06 Sep 2022 16:31:28 GMT by LKF
Hi, I am a director of a Hong Kong company in the year 2021/22 and have a monthly salary during this year, am I self-employed or not self-employed? In the mid-July, I resign the director of this Hong Kong company but keep to receive the salary till now, am I need to change to "not self-employed" next year of assessment? Thanks.
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 15:33:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25

 You will need to check your employment status. 

You can find guidance here: 

Employment status

Thank you. 

Posted Sat, 10 Sep 2022 14:47:39 GMT by Alex Terentiov
I received an hmrc cheque can i call again and ask it to be on a nominee name as I am abroad and I want my wife to use the cheque thanks.
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:23:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Yes, if you contact our Self Assessment helpline we can send a request to cancel the cheque and reissue.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.