Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 01 Mar 2023 16:26:56 GMT by Ben
I have just received a letter dated 14th Feb from HMRC confirming that they didn't receive my tax return on time. I was never notified that I needed to complete one as I am fully employed (not self) and have now found out that this is because I have earned above £100k. Can I appeal this and retrospectively complete the self assessment once registered, or will I be fined unfairly regardless?
Posted Mon, 06 Mar 2023 13:12:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You will need to complete and submit the Self Assessment return first and then you can appeal against the penalty.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.