Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 01 Jan 2023 17:05:41 GMT by KK
If you have already paid tax in India on say interest and dividends, do you have to pay tax again in the UK given that we have DTT in place with india
Posted Fri, 06 Jan 2023 11:46:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You still need to declare the income and tax paid to the UK. You will claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief for the tax paid and will only pay additional UK tax if the rate here is higher.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.