Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 26 Nov 2022 13:49:11 GMT by MartinTax
On my Tax Return in the 'Other Information' section I set out details of an EIS subscription I had made in the year and asked this to be taken in to account in my Tax Calculation for the year. I have now received my Tax Calculation but the EIS Relief has not been deducted. The accompanying letter letter says the calculation is 'based on figures...before it has been checked'. Should I wait until the calculation has been checked? and if so how long does this typically take? or should I try to reach HMRC to highlight this deduction is missing from the calculation? and if so which is the best way to contact HMRC to highlight this?
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:36:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

As the return was filed online, this information would not be checked.

EIS should be claimed on the actual return by tailoring your return at section 3 to answer yes that you want to claim other reliefs.

This then opens other boxes for you to show EIS.

You will now need to amend your tax return online  .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 17:37:05 GMT by MartinTax
Perhaps you can look at this again at this as the response is predicated on the assumption that my Tax Return was filed online, however this is incorrect, it was posted to HMRC in hard copy. The full details of the EIS subscription were in Box 19 'Any Other Information' - will this be sufficient, or do I need to submit further forms containing the same information as is on my Tax Return, but in a different format?. Many thanks.
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 12:17:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

The claim should be made with the submission of the EIS3 certificates.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.