Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 Jun 2022 09:28:02 GMT by Ser DaSil
Hi, I received my p60 from employer which includes my salary and income & tax from vested RSUs in USA My employer has said that the Exhcange rate used is correct and declared correctly but when using the HMRC monthly exchange rates for the months they vested in, my income is lower and tax is higher. I tried to ask employer to amend but they say its correct however its not. How do I challenge what is on my P60 if employer says its correct. Can I just do a self assesment to correct this so the correct income/tax is displayed?
Posted Wed, 29 Jun 2022 13:06:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

HMRC does not get involved with dispute between employee and employer.

If you complete a Self Assessment return you have to use the figure on the P60 otherwise HMRC will correct it under correction proceedures.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 29 Jun 2022 14:07:20 GMT by Ser DaSil
Thanks for that. So question is, can I keep to within HMRC tax rules by asking employer to amend based on the exchange rates provided by HMRC rather than the rates they have used which increased my tax liability
Posted Wed, 29 Jun 2022 17:40:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You can ask them to re visit their figures and submit any changes to HMRC where applicable.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.