Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 14:01:02 GMT by
Dear Team, Hi, I finished fiscal year with Tax Code 1032T further to correction on past year overpaid taxes. This is overall decreasing the amount of tax i paid in this fiscal year but on the mechanical self assessment it is taking it as underpaid tax this year and not correction of past year. How do I report on digital self assessment the tax allowance I had previous year ( due to pension savings ) on this year Self assessment ? Thank you
Posted Fri, 09 Jun 2023 14:37:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
You dont include this on the return.
You enter all your income/expenses/reliefs and the calculation will then work out any tax due.
This may or may not end up being less than the code operated.
Thankyou.
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 10:10:46 GMT by
Dear HMRC, Where ro I enter so the 10320 GBP allowance i was given by HMRC ? Which field is it on the Self assessment form ? Thank you
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 11:40:51 GMT by
Dear HMRC, I have enteref my Gross YTD I have entered the Tax I have NOT entered the NI contributions ( shall I ? ) I have entered the taxable benefits ( medical ) I have entered the amount of contributions to Pension Where to I enter, which field the amount of personal allowance ( 10320 ) received linked to taxcode 1032T ? Thank you
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 19:49:35 GMT by Louise P
Hi there, My correct personal tax code hasn't populated correctly in the Self Assessment tax return portal when I hit show calculation (it has in previous years and not this year). It now shows I owe tax when I know I don't owe tax. How do I get the calculation to amend my tax code in the online form? Thanks for your help in advance. i.e. I apparently owe £493.80. 493.80 is 20% of £2,469. £12,570 + £2,469 = £15,039 = my personal allowance is 1503L tax code. The portal shows it is the baseline personal allowance.
Posted Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:36:48 GMT by
Dear HMRC, I have same issue as allowance is not taken and I finish by having a calculation showing owe 2000 GBP ? As allowance is not taken, I also have no relief on my personal contribution to pension plan ? Will HMRC correct it once Self assessment is submitted and a new calculation will be made ?
Posted Wed, 14 Jun 2023 17:30:20 GMT by
Dear HMRC, I have entered my Gross YTD I have entered the Tax I have NOT entered the NI contributions ( shall I ? ) I have entered the taxable benefits ( medical ) I have entered the amount of contributions to Pension Where to I enter, which field the amount of personal allowance ( 10320 ) received linked to taxcode 1032T ?
Posted Fri, 16 Jun 2023 05:28:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Louise Pollock,
If you are unsure what was included in your tax code to increase it to 1503L, you will need to check with our Income Tax helpline. 
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 16 Jun 2023 06:13:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi GeorgesM,
You need to claim relief on the pension payment by declaring these by tailoring the  tax return at section 3.
Also include any tax paid at source.
Personal allowances are given in the calculation unless your income is over £100,000 or you have not claimed them as not resident in the UK. 
Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 16 Jun 2023 09:52:39 GMT by
Dear Colleagues Thank you, My income is above 100 000 and i got the allowance because I made significant pension contributions previous year and same agin this year. Calculation on self assessment form results on me owing tax while in all simulators i am owed tax due to the amount of pension contributions. This is why i ask and i still don t know how and where to reflect the allowance i was granted ? Will someone check my documents i will upload and also correct the calculation afterwards ? Thank you
Posted Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:41:42 GMT by
@GeorgesM There is nowhere on a Self Assessment return that you enter either your Personal Allowance or tax code allowances. You enter all relevant information, such as your taxable income, relevant pension contributions and anything else relevant such as work related expenses (if you have any). Your adjusted net income is then automatically calculated using this information and the appropriate Personal Allowance (which can range from £0 to £12,570) is automatically included in your Self Assessment tax calculation. If you believe the Personal Allowance in your calculation is wrong there are usually two likely explanations, 1. You have made a mistake filling in the return, which might be you have missed something or 2. You have completed the return correctly but misunderstood how the Personal Allowance is calculated
Posted Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:24:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi GeorgesM,
Sorry, we cannot do this on the forum.  
You will need to contact our Self Assessment Team  using webchat here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 03 Aug 2023 12:50:10 GMT by Louise P
Hi there, I do know the reason for tax code increase, it's from previous a business loss. How do i get the self-assessment form to register the higher tax code? The portal only shows a calculation of the baseline personal allowance. Which online self-assessment question do I need to fill out to balance this?
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 13:13:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you have allowances above the standard Personal Allowance you need to claim the allowances on the return.

If you made a loss in a previous year, you need to complete the section to state you are carrying forward a loss .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.