Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 08 Nov 2022 16:09:08 GMT by Kin
Hello, I want to report tax on selling shares for 2021-2022. I follow what the government letter tell me to do: search 'file your self assessment tax return online' , and it told me to login in my personal tax account. But I couldn't find how to report tax in the personal tax account. There is no such option after searching every page in the personal tax account. Please tell me how to reach the report tax page in the personal tax account. Thank you very much. Kind Regards, 
Posted Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:20:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 18
Hi,

Please use the link below to take you to some guidance on tax when you sell shares:

Tax when you sell shares

There is a calculator to help you work out the tax.  At the end of the calculator, you can move on the the real time capital gains service, which will allow you to report and pay any capital gains you have calculated.  If you have to complete a self assessment tax return, you have the choice of using the online service or reporting the gains in your tax return.  If you are reporting a loss, this must either be done on the self assessment tax return or in writing to HMRC BX9 1AS.

Thank you.

Posted Fri, 18 Nov 2022 08:22:55 GMT by Kin
Hi, There is self assessment page in my tax account and I can report tax now. Thank you very much. I had sell shares more than 20 times, but the upload file limit is 20 files. Could I upload multi page file, each page showing the calculation of each sell of shares? Or I need to use some other way? Kind Regards
Posted Fri, 18 Nov 2022 10:29:35 GMT by Kin
Hi, Also in the tax return add attachments section, it said: If you have used a Capital Gains worksheet for any of your disposals, the worksheet will be attached automatically to your return. But I can't find where are these Capital Gains worksheet. Please show me how to find it. Thank you very much. Kind Regards
Posted Wed, 23 Nov 2022 12:36:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

You can submit up to 20 attachments.

Please contact our Income Tax team regarding your further question.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 15 Jan 2023 22:13:45 GMT by Kin
I finally got my tax return done. Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.