Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 Jan 2023 13:23:45 GMT by Rosa
Hello, I am in the process of completing my Self-Assessment UK tax return and I have a question about Foreign Income (I have read the HMRC guidance on the website and I am still a little confused). If I am tax resident in the UK, and am self employed, and receive income in Euros in an EU country, do I declare it under Foreign Income even if the Euros income is not transferred to the UK? If so, do I declare it under Foreign Income or under income received from my self-employed activity? Many thanks in advance,
Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2023 08:26:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Please convert your overseas self employed income to pounds sterling and declare it in the self employed pages of your Self Assessment tax return.

If any foreign tax was deducted from the income in question, you can claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief in the 'Foreign tax paid on employment, self-employment and other income' section of the Foreign pages. You can see guidance here:                     

Foreign notes

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.