Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 03 Feb 2023 12:09:46 GMT by Ana Mihai
Hi, I have moved to Belgium in Dec 2020, and I am now working for a Belgian company, and I have no income from the UK. I keep on receiving notification to complete my self assessment and pay any tax due for FY 2021/2022. Do I need to pay tax on non UK income (my Belgian salary), given that this is already taxed in Belgium. Does the UK have a double taxation agreement with Belgium? Thanks
Posted Wed, 08 Feb 2023 13:41:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Ana Mihai,

It would appear that we are not aware that you left the UK, so are still expecting tax returns to be completed.

 You will need to notify HMRC that tax returns are no longer appropriate, now that you have left the UK.  

You can do this by telephone.  Tel: 0300 200 3310  Text Relay: 18001 0300 200 3310  Overseas: +44 161 931 9070 (Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm Closed on weekends and bank holidays).  You can also write to HMRC at 'Self Assessment HM Revenue and Customs BX9 1AS United Kingdom'.  

We will be able to withdraw your tax returns and make your Self Assessment record dormant.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.