Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Dec 2022 16:03:30 GMT by Matteo Ladas
Hi, I moved abroad in July and not told HRMC yet, as I thought this will not affect my self-assessment for year 2021-22. As I completed my self-assessment, I am required to make payments on account for year 2022-23. I know I won't have to pay that amount for 2022-23, as my turnover will be well under the personal allowance, having worked in the UK only three months in 2022. Will I be able to avoid to make the payments on account, if I tell HRMC I moved abroad before 31st January 2023? Best regards, Matteo
Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2022 11:22:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You can make the request to reduce the Payments on Account online or by contacting us.

Understand your Self Assessment tax bill

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 28 Dec 2022 11:19:09 GMT by Matteo Ladas
Ok, thanks for your reply! I would go on with whatever is easier, which one of the two options would you suggest? Thanks for your help.
Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 16:09:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You can do either option.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.