Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 20 Feb 2023 16:54:59 GMT by Anna Brooks
Hi there, my other half is self-employed and on some occasions dependent on income (most recently for the tax year 21/22) has passed on personal tax allowance to me via the marriage allowance. We have realised that they didn't complete the relevant part of the self-assessment form for 20/21 for marriage allowance. As a result, I didn't get the marriage allowance and a subsequent rebate. Is there a way for us to rectify this retrospectively either online via the Self Assessment platform or over the telephone?
Posted Thu, 23 Feb 2023 14:47:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Anna Brooks,

If your partner contacts our Income Tax department to apply for the transfer, we can also refer this on for 20/21 SA to be reviewed.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.