Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Sep 2022 17:36:06 GMT by G dlM
My bank wants me to complete a tax residency for my Club and does not like me saying not applicable for the club registration part even though one of their advisers said to do just that. So how do I get a UTR for the club that has a revenue stream, only from subscriptions, of less than £350 a year and has never exceeded that in the ten years we have been in existence? Our expenditure maxes out at around £250 a year. Do I really need a UTR for this???
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:26:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Can you please advise what type of club this is for?

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:32:22 GMT by G dlM
It is a model engineering club with about 70 members and annual subscription of £5. The club has no assets.
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:30:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You will need to check with Corporation Tax if you are required to register to receive a UTR :

Corporation Tax: general enquiries .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.