Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:52:34 GMT by Andy O’Donnell
Hi, I am needing some advice on whether I am able to use marriage allowance from my wife - I am not sure whether Annual Salary or Pay From This employment figure on my P60 is the figure I use to determine this ? I live in Scotland and my Annual Salary is £49,246 , the In this employments figure on my P60 is £35,236.85 (I assume this is my annual salary less pension contributions) . Do I use the Annual Salary figure or the In this employments figure to determine if my wife can transfer the £1250 personal allowance to me (my wife earns under £12,570) . Thanks
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:13:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
It would be the employments figure on the P60.
Posted Mon, 06 Feb 2023 11:27:41 GMT by Andy O’Donnell
Thanks, how would I go about checking previous years to see if this allowance has been applied . I have put it on this years self assessment tax return but not sure if this was requested for previous years if not ? Thanks
Posted Fri, 10 Feb 2023 12:33:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If your previous years calculations do not show the transfer, you can check with our Self Assessment team.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.