Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:49:29 GMT by T AY
Hello I have bought and sold options and futures listed in a foreign exchange, and I have a few questions on filling out the Self Assessment: 1) Should I fill in the section "Listed shares and securities" (Page CG 2) for these transactions? 2) Do I have to use the computation working sheet in the Capital Gains Tax summary notes on page CGN11- CGN12? Or I can provide my own computation in spreadsheet format? Thank you very much Tess
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 13:10:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Yes to the listed shares and securities.

No you dont need to use the HMRC working sheet but you would need to supply your own computation .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.