Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 22:01:56 GMT by hip007
Hullo, i am in the process of registering for self-assessment for the first time . I shall be printing out the form and mailing it via post to HMRC. Am i understanding correctly that within 10 days i shall receive my UTR by post and that with this number i can register a personal tax account as an EU-passport-holder without other UK documents like drivers license,etc? Within this personal tax account will i be able to do the following online : 1)report dividends 2) report capital gains 3) report interest income ? thank you
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 07:30:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

When you receive the UTR after we process your form, you would still need to pass the Government Gateway Verification questions.

If you are unable to pass these questions you will need to file a paper tax return.

See link:

Self Assessment tax returns   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.