Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 07 Jan 2023 06:44:48 GMT by Max
I left the UK permanently in May 2022 and I am not a UK resident (for tax purposes) for the 2022-23 tax year. I am self employed and have been filing self assessment returns online in previous tax years. I believe I am required to file a self assessment return for the 2022-23 tax year, but accompany it with the SA109 (Residence, remittance basis etc.) form to notify HMRC of my change in status. This has to be sent by post and by the deadline for paper returns (October 2023). My question is, do I still need to fill in the extra self-employed section (SA103F) detailing my turnover and expenses, or is this not necessary since none of this is subject to tax?
Posted Thu, 12 Jan 2023 11:23:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will still need to declare the income received up to the time you left the UK.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.