Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 01 Feb 2023 22:05:06 GMT by KcKc10
I entered UK on 31 October 2021 and start on that date UK is my only home. Before I entered UK, I was working in another country and having employment income. Except for this foreign income before I entered in UK, I don’t have any sources of income during the period from 1 November 2021 to 5 April 2022. Under this circumstance , do I still need to file the self assessment and split year treatment? If so, I have to file the SA100, SA102, SA106 and SA109, is the correct? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 07 Feb 2023 14:42:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

On the basis of the information provided, you would not have to apply for split year treatment and
complete a self assessment tax return.  

See link:

Residence, Domicile and Remittance Basis Manual   . 

Thank you.                               

You must be signed in to post in this forum.