Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 Aug 2022 10:00:07 GMT by hip007
Hello, I have received some dividend income from investments made in the previous tax year (April 2021 - April 2022). I have never filed for self-assessment before and need to do so by post since i do not meet the online registration criteria (uk passport,license,etc) When entering details in this form ( , there is a question : "Have you been getting taxable foreign dividends in excess of £300 a year or any amount of other taxable income?" Should i answer yes if i have received dividend income from UK stocks? Do they count as "other taxable income"? Thanks!
Posted Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:03:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

Please note that dividend income from US stocks would fall into the 'Interest and other income from overseas savings' category. See link below:
Foreign notes

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.