Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Dec 2022 23:38:33 GMT by Piethra
Hello, Around June 2021 I worked as a (contracted) quality assurance freelancer for a translation company. I worked for this company for around 4 months, earning less than £500. I've never had to fill in my tax before and I was wondering if I should fill in a self-assessment tax return since I earned less than £1000 (which I read is considered a 'personal trading allowance'). Thank you!
Posted Thu, 29 Dec 2022 12:09:50 GMT by
Hi Piethra,

As your income is below £1000 you are therefore covered by the trading allowance, there is no need for a tax return.

Tax-free allowances on property and trading income

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.