Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 03 Sep 2022 17:50:14 GMT by mancplau
Hi, I came from Hong Kong last year. I have a 'Mandatory Provident Fund', which is a compulsory saving scheme (pension fund), still held in a company in Hong Kong. There is no voluntary contributions for my Mandatory Provident Fund scheme, only mandatory contributions there. I have not receive any pay out from it yet. For this, am I need to mention it at the self-assessment? If yes, is it at the part of 'Any other information'? What information I need to provide there?
Posted Thu, 08 Sep 2022 10:40:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 28

Savings held in another country are not taxable in the UK.  Interest that those savings generate will be subject to UK tax.  

You can check if you need to complete a Self Assessment tax return to declare interest at:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.