Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 12 Mar 2023 12:11:58 GMT by benjamin
I am UK citizen, living and working abroad and non-resident for tax purposes for several years. I am filling in Self Assessment now for rental income in the UK (property purchased and let out during tax year). I am not claiming remittance basis and not claiming any foreign tax credit relief. Am I required to fill the 'employment' and 'foreign' / 'foreign income' sections of the SA return?
Posted Thu, 16 Mar 2023 16:02:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi benjamin,

You need to fill in the SA109 to confirm residence and the SA105 for the rental income.
You do not need the employment page or foreign page based on the information given.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.