Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 06 Jun 2022 14:57:58 GMT by Kyle Innes
Hi, I just filled in my self-assessment tax return and it says I have an overpayment from tax return for tax year ending 05 April 2022 of £600 then it says below Date: 31 Jan 2023, I'm guessing that means I will have to wait until this date to receive my overdue tax? Thanks in advance
Posted Tue, 07 Jun 2022 13:02:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can claim the repayment now through your online account 48 hours after the return has been submitted.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:22:56 GMT by Kyle Innes
Thanks but how do I do this please?
Posted Fri, 12 Aug 2022 11:50:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

When you access the online account and the Self Assessment section, if you do not see where to claim the refund you should contact our Self Assessment team:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 15 Aug 2022 08:28:11 GMT by Kyle Innes
Great, I see it now and have requested payment, many thanks!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.