Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 24 Apr 2023 12:01:25 GMT by Michaelafyfe
Hi I moved to England on 17 February 2023. I would like to know how to apply for split year treatment in my self assessment. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:16:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you qualify for split year then you only report any foreign income for the UK part of the year.

RDRM12000 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment

If you do not qualify then you will need to report all your foreign income to the UK.

Tax on foreign income

The guidance at RDRM12150 at GOV.UK will help you work out if split year treatment applies. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.