Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 13:13:10 GMT by Anusia
I am a private tutor. I am registered with three agencies and all my pupils come through them. The agencies collect payment from my pupils and then pay me the month after my tuition sessions. I have an agreement with each agency but individual contracts are between the parent and the agency, not with me. Does this apply: "I provide my services under contracts for professional or other services and these contracts span my accounting date"? If it does not, then I think I tick "none of these apply" on that page?
Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 08:09:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Anusia, 

Yes it does apply as you will need to register as self employed and pay your own tax and Class 2 National Insurance. 

You can find guidance here: 

Working for yourself


You must be signed in to post in this forum.