Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 27 Nov 2022 22:40:41 GMT by Nathan Jenko
I've received some interest, which is taxed partially in the country of origin in line with the double taxation agreement. I can't figure out how to enter this into the self-assessment form online. Is there a way to do it?
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 17:51:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
This income would be declared in the foreign section.
In tailor your return, you would tick yes to foreign income and yes to do you wish to claim foreign tax credit relief.
In section 4, fill in your return, select foreign page 1, save and continue and move to page 2.  
Select interest and other income form overseas followed by save and continue.  
Enter information into those boxes that are relevant.  
Please note that all entries on a self assessment tax return are always in pounds sterling.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.