Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 28 Jan 2023 18:07:56 GMT by
Hello. I am looking for some help. Last year I carried forward a loss of £4598. This year I made £1319 and wanted to carry forward my loss from last year, so I put £1319 in the Loss brought forward from earlier years set-off against 2021-22 profits: box and then the remaining £3279 in the Total loss to carry forward after all other set-offs - including unused losses brought forward’ But now when I view my tax return overview it shows Warning in the box for changed losses.
Posted Wed, 01 Feb 2023 10:05:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Leejames1,

Warning messages are only there to highlight the change.

It is merely asking you to check that the figures are correct, if they are, click on save and continue to move on to the next section.

Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 08:50:11 GMT by
Hi, I am filing CT600 company tax return and wanting to carry cumulative loses forward over the last 3 years. I can see the loss for the current financial year however I am unable to make a cumulative total which includes previous years, how do I do this? Thanks
Posted Fri, 04 Aug 2023 09:45:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Georgie123

The CT600 records the profit or loss position of the accounting period you are filing for.
Losses being carried forward from one accounting period into the next should be declared in the accounts and the tax computations.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.