Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 Mar 2023 12:27:04 GMT by Ryan Mcpartland
I started a new job last year and I don’t make nearly enough to be taxed, yet I get taxed over £100 each month and every time I’ve tried to sort this it hasn’t worked, I always run into a problem when trying to make an account for self assessment and the company I work for doesn’t seem to be able to help. I’ve tried calling HMRC multiple times and have not been able to get through, I’m trying to call right now and have been waiting for a while. All I want is for my tax code to be changed and to get my money back. It shouldn’t be this difficult
Posted Fri, 10 Mar 2023 13:07:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you sign up for the Personal Tax Account, you can update your estimated earnings with the employer and this will alter the tax code.
You would need to try our Income Tax department again to discuss this :
Income Tax: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.