Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 08 Nov 2022 12:59:16 GMT by Mark Anderson
I made a withdrawal from an offshore bond (from a insurance policy based in Isle of Man) in 2020/21 resulting in a gain. I wrote to HMRC confirming the gain and I carried out a tax calculation. I sent a cheque for the tax amount to HMRC and the cheque cleared. Unfortunately, the letter with tax calculation wasn't sufficient for HMRC and they posted me a paper SA100. I'm now completing a Self-assessment Form for 2020/21 but HMRC didn't send a Supplementary Form for Offshore Bond gains. Can anyone please advise which Supplementary Form and which section to complete?
Posted Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:28:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

As your investment resulted in a foreign income gain, you meet the criteria for completing a Self Assessment tax return.  

You will need to complete SA106 (Foreign). Page F6 covers overseas income and gains.  

The form SA106 can be found here:

Self Assessment tax return forms

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.