Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 09:23:51 GMT by PNWUK
Dear HMRC, I have been a UK resident since Dec 2022, before that as non-UK resident in Hong Kong. Therefore I like to submit SA109 for applying Split Year Treatment. I like to ask can I fill SA109 online during filling the online HMRC self assessment? or should be in paper form? Thank you very much PN
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 17:21:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 25

You must submit form SA109 at the same time as the main tax return, SA100.

However, you cannot use HMRC software to file a residence page online (SA109) you would need to purchase 3rd party software.

You can finf guidance here: 

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

If you do not wish to purchase 3rd party software, a paper version of the return and appropriate pages can be submitted. 

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.