Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 16 Nov 2022 15:51:59 GMT by Peter Fawcett
In 2021 I filled 12 years of gaps in my NI record. Can I claim tax relief on the contributions through self assessment?
Posted Fri, 18 Nov 2022 13:59:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You can not claim tax relief on NI contributions.
Posted Fri, 18 Nov 2022 15:16:29 GMT by Peter Fawcett
When I was paying class 3 voluntary contributions monthly to increase my pension my Tax Code was increased by GBP 800 so effectively I wasn't paying tax on the contributions. I assumed if I payed 12 years of class 3 contributions the same would apply.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.