Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 16:23:49 GMT by Paul Norman
Hi, I have just started a new business as a sole trader (the business started at the end of April 2022) and am struggling to find out what I have to do to tell HMRC about it. I have previously been self employed so have an online tax account at UTR (my last self assessment was in 2017-18). All of the information I’m finding seems to be related to the 2021-22 tax year. Do I need to register that I’m self employed again and if so where do I do it? Thanks, Paul
Posted Fri, 06 May 2022 10:24:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You would still have the same account as before, however this would need to be reactivated by registering for self employment:

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.