Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 02 Jun 2023 10:07:49 GMT by 1980
Hello, I'm a UK resident, self employed and employee. I want to make a transfer from my personal European bank account to my UK bank account to help me to buy a property. The money is not Income, but from a personal savings account. As I read the forum, I understand that personal transfers don't need to be tax declared in UK- apart from the money that generates interest or dividends in a UK bank account ,and in that case, it must be declared on self assessment. My question is: When doing my next tax return, on the "Foreigner" section, do I need to declare any money? is there a limit? or is only referring to foreigner income? Thank you for your time.
Posted Tue, 06 Jun 2023 10:49:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Ifyou have had this account for some time, any interest in the account should have been declared as foreign income on your return. you do not need to declare the transfer of the capital.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.