Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 09 Oct 2022 04:27:17 GMT by Casey
Hello I have foreign savings interest income. The total is less than my savings allowances [Starting Rate for Savings (SR) + Personal Savings Allowance (SRA)]. Is foreign interest income included in these allowances or do I need to file a self assessment to report it? I would not be filing a self-assessment otherwise. Many thanks
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 15:37:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Casey,

You will still be required to complete a self assessment tax return, as you are in receipt of foreign interest, even if you are covered by the personal savings allowance.  
This income would be declared on the supplementary page SA106.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.