Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 06 Oct 2022 21:39:46 GMT by CcAa
Hi, I had some cash rewards from a foreign savings account in HK and the cash reward was less than 2000 pounds after I became a UK tax resident. In my understanding, I have been told to fill in the SA101 form at box 3. I want to clarify that as my cash reward was from my foreign account in Hong Kong, filling in SA101 at box 3 is still suitable for me instead of filling SA106 in this case? thanks
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 10:10:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi CcAa,

As the cash reward is foreign income you will need to include this on the SA106 page.
This should not be shown as interest.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.