Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:35:31 GMT by swwchris Maddex
All Over the last couple of years I have been paying my self assessment tax bill by way of a change to my PAYE tax code This year I have higher self employed earnings so the bill will be higher My question is regarding the requirement that I cannot pay this way if - 'you’d end up paying more than twice as much tax as you normally do' I have three PAYE incomes - 1. My full tax code is against this employment and I pay a small amount of tax, approx £500 per year 2. Code BR and pay approx £2000 tax via PAYE 3. Pension with BR code and paying approx £1800 tax via PAYE My question is how is the normal tax I pay calculated in terms of meeting the requirement above? Is it a sum of all my earnings? The only code which can be altered is income No 1, the others being BR, and tax paid on income 1 will definitely be to low to allow me to pay my self assessment bill by PAYE for the current year if it just takes that single income stream. I will meet all the other requirements to allow me to pay my self assessment tax by PAYE I know its a way ahead but I find this way of paying helpful, and dont want any surprises!! Thanks for any help given
Posted Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:44:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

It would be on the main source, as this is the tax code we would be altering to collect any additional amounts due.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.