Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 25 Jan 2023 22:39:12 GMT by Alison Binnie
Son has a zero hours contract working in a theatre and pays PAYE through this job. Has a temporary contract for performing arts with a Health Board, who want him to be self employed for the purposes of payment. Does he need to supply the Health Board with any tax info (payment will be via invoice which he will submit to them fortnightly) ? They are saying he needs to provide info, but not being specific about what that is. This is in Scotland in case that is relevant.
Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 14:50:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As they are asking him to be treated as self employed, he will need to register for Self Assessment and it is likley that it is his Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) that they require for them to make payment.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 16:24:53 GMT by Alison Binnie
Thanks for advice. Came to that conclusion looking at other posts so have already applied for a UTR.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.