Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:40:15 GMT by Ben S
Hi HRMC Admin, I landed to UK via Hong Kong BNO visa on the 1st of July, 2021 and I become UK tax resident since then. I resigned my job in May 2021 but I received a few wages payments AFTER I landed in UK. These payments were related to my services while I was an employee before resignation in May 2021 which was before landing to UK. If I qualify for the split year treatment, I only need to report the UK part of income and does not need to report the income prior to arriving UK. In this case, do I need to report these payments credited to my Hong Kong account after I landed in UK?
Posted Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:05:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If the payments are in respect of duties carried out in Hong Kong, then under the tax treaty with Hong Kong, this income is only taxable there and should not be declared in the UK.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.