Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 05 Aug 2023 13:24:26 GMT by Meteor500
I was awarded an amount of shares from the French company that i work for. This triggered a sell to cover Tax process which was captured in on my payslip under PAYE. I'm currently completing my Self Assessment and it is pointing me towards declaring foreign income - do i need to declare the share sell to cover if it has already been captured under PAYE? If yes - under what section should i declare it and what value should i use - the amount of PAYE paid?
Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 07:23:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Meteor500,
As it is part of your P60 income it is just shown on the employment page.
If foreign tax has been paid, you need to claim the Foreign Tax Credit Relief under the foreign page.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.